Liz really enjoyed speaking at the 2nd ‘Annual Lab Asset & Facility Management in Pharma’ Summit on 22-24 October in San Diego.
She gave a seminar on ‘The Science Behind R&D Facility Management : Building a High Performing Team to Add Maximum Value.’
In the audience were senior decision makers from clients including Johnson & Johnson and other organisations such as Bristol-Myers Squibb, Merck & Co and more.
Liz shared insights including:-
- The value of shadowing future users in the current lab, to really understand how they work best and to identify opportunities for small improvements.
- The importance of listening to fresh perspectives eg asking R&D students about their working habits and aspirations, to ‘future proof’ lab design.
- KPIs – keep it simple – Liz recommends having 6, making them easier for staff to understand and track.
- She talked through global FM trends such as the rise of energy management services and evolution of smarter technologies.
- The rise of FM’s value and profile in boardrooms.
- The value of Integrated Facilities Management and how best to deliver it, with case studies and lessons learnt from Kentish and Co’s multinational client base.
The session was interactive with time built in for Delegates to share their own experiences and ideas.
- “Excellent deep dive on laboratory planning from a people perspective”
- “It was an excellent session – the people perspective is often neglected”
- “Really enjoyed Liz Kentish’s deep dive on lab planning! Excellent leader to drive engagement and conversation and very knowledgeable”
- “Liz’s session was fantastic! She’s clearly an expert in this space but was great to get everyone involved”
On to the next conference!